Yuup's way cool sticker

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by zero-zero, Jul 30, 2002.

1. zero-zero

zero-zero Horny Horned One

Oddometer:
    Background: I've always wanted one of this stickers that Bafana showed in one of his threads:

[​IMG]

so I emailed him for permission to reproduce it in the form of a sticker for my new helmet. He very kindly informed that Yuup is actually the original artist and seeked permission from him for me.

Well, I'm finally not going to produce it (going the airbrush way instead), but I did create a vector-based version of Yuup's drawing, based on the photo. I also created a modified version that will better fit my own needs. Bafana asked about how was I getting on with this in another thread, so I'm splitting my reply and responding here...
  2. zero-zero

zero-zero Horny Horned One

Oddometer:
    Re: Ola Hombre

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Bafana
    How is the sticker thing going on?????
    Any pic of you ???????

Here you soon
    Rudi
    Belgica
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Bafana,

The sticker is apparently not going to be. I'm probably having it airbrushed on the back of my helmet instead, in a nocturnal city scene. But when it's ready, I'll send you the files so you can reproduce it easily.

Here's how it looks so far. I've done a vector illustration from the pic you had posted, so it can be reproduced at any size required. This is the "kinda faithful to the original" version...

[​IMG]

... and this is a slightly modified version that's a closer match to what I need. I know, I know, handguards and fender are not mpy, and the fork is not quite so, but we're talking illustration here, so a bit of departure from reality is fine. And no, I'm not considering any other color but mpy!

Here's the deal:

[​IMG]

Just remember, guys, that this is NOT public domain artwork. You'll have to ask Yuup for permission to use it, as he's the original author. I'm just posting it here because Bafana asked, and maybe someone else is interested, if our Belgian friends are ok.

The SFIS.