1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Z Burger, Sunday 8/13, Noon

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by cap, Aug 12, 2006.

1. cap

cap Vice of Reason

Oddometer:
    As in Sunday, August 13th

The Vstrom collective is leaving Fort Collins at 8:30am, and will be in Steamboat eating lunch at the Z.

Hope to see you around. PM me if you want to meet us along the way.

Cap
  2. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    Cap:

I can't make it, but was up that way about 2 months ago and the Z-Burger was just as good as last fall. Wish I could make it.

T.
  3. GregInBoulder

GregInBoulder Jerry rules. Get over it.

Oddometer:
    :wink:

Me thinks a good hook up spot might be Rustic. As usual, SIB and I will be two up, cutting over from Stove Prairie. Say about 9:00 am???
  4. cap

cap Vice of Reason

Oddometer:
    That should be about right. We're leaving JJ's at 8:30am, and will take the route through Masonville, and thence Stove Prairie.

The Strom hive will descend upon you.
  5. BigDave

BigDave Adventure Drummer

Oddometer:
    this is BS. Make up your own damn ride. :flip Take esteban with you so he wont come on the REAL Z-Burger ride...:deal
  6. leadvegas

leadvegas I want to see your uvula

Oddometer:
    I won't be meeting you on the way up as it would be ridiculous to head so far north that early in the morning. It's also unlikely that I'll be meeting you somewhere in the middle. I will, however, be more than happy to ride my own route and land in Steamboat sometime during the day.... So what time is lunch and where can I find you? Still Z burger? 1200? 1300? I'll keep my eyes open.

:flip BigDave - you always have your Z burger rides when I have to work

:fitz

:D
  7. cap

cap Vice of Reason

Oddometer:
    Noon at the Z. May the Hive be with you.
  8. cap

cap Vice of Reason

Oddometer:
    Geez, Tom... And we had such a great conversation with you last time. We'll miss you, bud. :1drink

[​IMG]
  9. cap

cap Vice of Reason

Oddometer:
    Dude, if you're having doubts about your ability to ride with Steve, the hive will support you. Join us for lunch at the Z. Have a salad, and call it the Z-salad ride. Or the She-Burger, or something. And bring my glasses so I can read the menu.
  10. Blakebird

Blakebird flattening the curve

Oddometer:
    I overshot the "getting up early" part. Coming from Parker I wanted to make sure I had enough time....

I rolled thru Masonville at 7:15 :lol3
    Beautiful day though. Stove Praire was in perfect shape. Hwy 14 was perfect aside from the canyon walls being too deep to let any sun in that early. It were chilly...

I got to Double Z's a few minutes before they opened, and was done eating and ready to head out about the time the Strom collective rambled up a little after noon....noon 15-ish maybe.

Back over Rabbit Ears, then thru Kremmling and over Berthoud home. Looked like the weather guys were planning on big afternoon t-storms - the skies were sunny and blue all the way up and most of the way back. Steamboat has never been prettier - green, green, and more green. Stupendous day for a ride up there.

Cap - good to meet you and your party (I'm that bad with names...) and good to see Leadvegas again. Missed GIB and anyone else that arrived after Tony.
  11. Wayne Weber

Wayne Weber why are we stopping?

Oddometer:
    :lol3 "we will assimilate you" :lol3
  12. cap

cap Vice of Reason

Oddometer:
    Nice to meet you. We missed GIB, too. Not sure if we ditched him or vice versa.

Ride report: The Vstrom hive assimilated in Fort Collins, picking up strangers along the way. We rode the speed limit and ate healthy food. We cheated death again. That is all. Unless Kevin posts pictures.
  13. BoulderKevin

BoulderKevin Lucky to live in Colorado

Oddometer:
    Finally figured out the SmugMug thing....I think......

Well, like Blakebird before me, I'm terrible not only with names, but handles as well. Until I just saw his post, I was going to call him "the guy on the fast mover from Parker that got there early" Blakebird is much easier. The final count was Blakebird, Cap, Tina, Mark and his wife Julie?, Tony and I. Blakebird came up on his own, I met the Ft. Collins contingent in Ft. Collins, and Tony came up on his own. When I got home, I had a PM from GregInBoulder saying that he and SIB had slept in.......

Blakebird was done eating by the time we arrived, so he just chatted for a bit and headed back home. At the end of our lunch, which was heart attack city, the Ft. Collins contingent headed home via Wyoming, I went back via N. Park and the Poudre Canyon, and Tony went fishing.

So lets see if I can get some pics into this here post. Knock on wood. Here we go!!!!

Here are the European representatives on the ride. There was no Bavarian vs. Austrian bashing whatsoever. Just Cap standing behind us wondering why he sold his GS and why he bought a KLR instead of a KTM :rofl

View attachment 81501

This next pic is of me showing off my new knobbies. I got them so that I won't die the next time EagleFeather takes me on a ride and tries to kill me. Actually, I got them for two reasons. The other is so that Big David doesn't say "WTF? An Adventure with *street* tires?" You know, sort of like that pic of him standing on his Adventure with street tires on Mosquito Pass last week. So there!

Uh oh! It said that I've uploaded the maximum of one file. I guess getting a SmugMug account doesn't help when you're in the the trial period. Anyway I'll attach the pic next.....
  14. BoulderKevin

Oddometer:
  15. BoulderKevin

Oddometer:
    Cap just PM'd me and informed me that Mark's lovely wife's name is really Sandy. Sorry 'bout that Julie. And that Mark's handle on ADV is GSMark even though he rides a 'strom. GS envy do you think? And he also told me in his PM that Blakebird's name is Blakebird. But I'd already figured that out for myself......

Anyway, back to the pics.....here's Tony getting his gear back on to go fishing. He met some friends on the way up that were fishing in some lake N. of Kremmling and thought it sounded like a good idea. Not having any gear with him, he stopped and bought some. This guy really wanted to fish today! You can see his new rod strapped on the rear rack of that awesome silver Adventure he rides. I think in KTM-speak they're called 9fiddies or some such thing.....

View attachment 81506
  16. BoulderKevin

Oddometer:
  17. BoulderKevin

Oddometer:
    was wondering why he sold the GS or didn't buy a KTM? Well, here he's wondering why the heck he didn't get onion rings like everybody else instead of fries.

View attachment 81508
  18. BoulderKevin

Oddometer:
    Well, with the exception of Blakebird. That's his ZX in the background. L-R: Cap, Blakebird, Tina, Mark, and Julie-I mean Sandy :huh

View attachment 81509
  19. BoulderKevin

Oddometer:
    it's just that GS, I mean VstromMark and Jul...er, Sandy, have switched positions. I knew I should have had one of those non-alcoholic St. Pauli Girl's instead of a coke!

View attachment 81510
  20. BoulderKevin

Oddometer: