Z1000

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Gregster, Nov 18, 2007.

1. rpeter

rpeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The first time I've noticed the cat on your bike, what keeps you from putting a less restrictive exhaust on it?
  2. southwade

southwade Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few reasons. I'm happy with the power delivery as is, because of this, the thought of spending money and effort on tuning is an annoyance.

I ride a lot residential roads and I prefer to not annoy the locals too much. Keeps them from reporting "speeding bikes" to the authorities.

But, mostly... I'm a cheap-ass.
    drtyrrel likes this.
  3. quasigentrified

quasigentrified Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

my ugly ass on my new toy. 1200 miles in three weeks, not bad
  4. rpeter

rpeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It can be ridiculously expensive,. You start thinking about an ECU reflash, airbox modifications, PAIR block plates, a fuel commander, etc etc.
  5. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like it has a cd player mounted to it.......
  6. southwade

southwade Long timer

Oddometer:
    EXEET Blackbull 1000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. southwade

southwade Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. Fixnfly

Fixnfly Not found on the book of faces

Oddometer:
    So I bought a new '13 model a few weeks ago and I have a question about the chain adjustment....
    After I got it home and looked it over, I noticed the chain had a little more slack in it than I like. So I moved it back a notch and found it to be too tight. I've noticed that it's not easy to get it exactly the same on both sides (between notches) and I'm guessing there is a reason not to do it.

Does anyone else have their chain adjustment between the notches?
  9. rpeter

rpeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fixnfly, I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking. It sounds like you want the notches on the swingarm and the eccentric to line up with each other, but there's no reason for them to have to do that. It's a continuous adjustment, not discrete steps. Hope that made sense.
  10. Fixnfly

Oddometer:
    Right now the notches on the eccentric are lined up halfway between two notches on the swingarm. Is this O.K. ?
    Some chain adjustments I have seen are set up where the "cam" or eccentric have indentations that set against a pin which helps hold the adjustment. I was just wondering if the Z has that type of setup. I have not taken the wheel off yet to find out.
  11. rpeter

rpeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's perfectly fine.
  12. Fixnfly

Oddometer:
    That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks!

[​IMG]
  13. FormerInmate072021

FormerInmate072021 guest

Oddometer:
    that 4 wheeler thing is nutty
  14. Badjuju

Badjuju Biker Billy

Oddometer:
    Im not sure if this is 'kosher' as far as using a specific thread to sell items, but I figure the best way to target an audience that's interested in model-specific items is to put it here. With that said, I'm also gonna post it in the ADVR FS head as well, so if the mods need to nuke this, I'm OK with that.

Back story: I bought a 2010 Zed1K from a buddy a couple of years ago, rode it for awhile, and then sold it. My plan was to pass along the extras my bud threw in with the deal to the next owner, but the bike was actually purchased by a dealer here locally who had no interest in the box of stuff. Bottom line, I ended up with a box of Z1000 stuff that I have no use for but has some monetary value. The big items for sale are SW-Motech Blaze Sport saddlebags, Rizoma Elise mirrors [SOLD], black anodized shorty levers (NOT Pazzo!) and a Kawasaki factory service manual. If you have any interest in the above items, I'll gladly throw in the other stuff for free, which includes a K&N filter (used, needs cleaning), a set of Pro-Bolt orange alloy valve caps and lever adjuster (new/in bag), rear spools (new/in bag), rim tape (orange/Kawasaki Racing), OEM levers/bar ends/rear fender with hardware.

Please note!!! I would like to minimize shipping to separate addresses, so preferential deals will be given to buyers of multiple items. If you're interested in "The Big Package" deal, I'll take off mo' money mo' money!!! And NO, I won't ship the free stuff to you because you're a nice-but-broke-ass guy….

SW-Motech Bags-Collection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System
    http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...e-sport-saddlebag-system-kawasaki-z1000-10-11
    Mounts to the passenger peg frame attachment. Expandable. Look like they've been used a couple of times, never in the rain. Retail for $370--asking $149+shp OBO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rizoma Elise mirror set--Black with amber-tint mirror glass, like new in original package
    SOLD!!!

RideItMoto black adjustable shorty levers (Chinese Pazzo knock-offs). Retails $62--asking $19+shp OBO

[​IMG]

Kawasaki Factory Service Manual for MY2010--$69 OBO (incl shp!)

[​IMG]

Freebies if you buy the good stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. WallyBman

WallyBman n00b

Oddometer:
    I have an 07 z1k. I use it for light adventuring...

[​IMG]
  16. alekkas

alekkas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love the spirit. Couldn't think of a more incongruous bike / mission. That twitchy, liter motor with sport suspension and knobbies! Love it! Good on ya. That thing must rooster tail like a boss. :clap
  17. WallyBman

WallyBman n00b

Oddometer:
    We, here in southeast Alabama, don't have good dirt for making rooster tails. What we have, instead, is red clay. Red clay is either hard packed when dry, or one step away from soup if it rains all day. We also have a lot of sand, but not in one place, its just a little bit of it, and it's everywhere. But in addition to all the things you said about my bike, I've also gone -1/+5 with my sprockets.

I like to refer to my bike as "The Bad Idea."

[​IMG]

And it is also great fun to hop curbs so I park wherever I want at the bar.

[​IMG]

And yes, I went to 08 frame covers and right rearset after I shattered the right one when I flipped her over onto of myself while working on her last month. I'll eventually grab an 08 left rearset so they match. And excuse the bungie cord, it holds the kickstand up. The previous owner used the wrong spring, and it came apart. I'm waiting on a new oem spring to come in from Ron Ayers. Like I said: "The Bad Idea."
    southwade likes this.
  18. alekkas

alekkas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love it! Great pics.

Yeah, I learned all about the clay / soup from My Cousin Vinnie
  19. WallyBman

WallyBman n00b

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I got my Lust Racing 40mm rear jack-up kit installed. I was iffy about it at first, but it gives enough extra clearance that my shoes don't drag while cornering because of my drop pegs. I'm super happy. Now I just need to get the front end off of an 08 zx10r, as the forks are supposedly significantly longer than mine...
    southwade likes this.
  20. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok Z1K riders, post up some current pictures....if you wouldn't mind. :thumbup