Zandona protection gear, any experience??

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Cafeguzzi, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Cafeguzzi

Cafeguzzi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i stumbled over this maker of protective gear, https://moto.zandona.net. It's an Italian company and their products are indeed made in italy.
    I'm tempted to order their Netcube Jacket. All the pads/protectors on the jacket are rated CE level 2. They look like they are conducive to ventilation.
    I bought but will return a Dainese Light Wave jacket. It turned out the pads are CE level 2 EXCEPT the back protector which is only level 1! WTF???
    In consideration is also the Forcefield pro shirt.
    The Zandona jacket is available on https://www.fc-moto.de for pretty much the same price (incl shipping) as the forcefield shirt. To be worn under a mosko moto basilisk jacket.
    any opinion and or experience with Zandona???
    Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 9.20.09 AM.png
  2. ThrillSeeka

ThrillSeeka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Zandona is a legit company. They make very good motorcycle gear, especially for motocross/enduro. So have no worries as Zandona is a serious company.

However, the Netcube jacket features CE Level 1 elbow and shoulder armor as per Zandona's own website and NOT Level 2 as per FC-Moto claim.

See the Netcube jacket at Zandona's own website and how it is listed as Level 1 for elbow and shoulders. Only the back protector is Level 2:
    https://moto.zandona.net/netcube-jacket.html

The shirt has the words Level 2 in the cuffs but that's referring to the back protector certification (and even then they have to be careful with the labeling as including the acronym CE would get them in big trouble as it can make a consumer think the shirt is certified as CE Level 2 for all protectors or even the entire garment (shirt's fabric included).

Forcefield makes two armored shirts with all armor certified as Level 2 and both shirts are great for summer. Both Forcefeld shirts are reviewed in great detail in these two links (each link is for each Forcefield shirt review):
    https://www.mcgearhub.com/motorcycle-jackets/forcefield-pro-shirt-x-v-2-review-test/

https://www.mcgearhub.com/motorcycle-jackets/forcefield-sport-shirt-review-test/

If you're going to spend the cash on a good armored shirt, it's worth reading those two reviews as it's all detailed with tons of pics too. The Forcefield armor in these two armored shirts is also among the best that you could wear of any armor in the market. And you can take all Forcefield pads off any of the two shirts and wear the armored pads in other jackets or shirts that you may have.

Also watch out for armored shirts with holes in armpits as, yes, they get some more air into the armpit area, but such a design makes it harder to put on and remove these shirts and especially when soaked from sweat. The Forcefield armored shirts in the two reviews above are so much easier to remove and put on, which makes those two shirts more versatile for day to day riding and long riding days. I'd still go with Forcefield as the armor alone is phenomenal.
  3. Cafeguzzi

Oddometer:
    I am about to contact them to clarify. On the Zandona home page, where you scroll through the new products, it shows the net cube jacket clearly advertised at CE level 2 for EN 1621-1, 6121-2 and 6121-3 (limbs, back, chest).
    Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 10.42.43 AM.png
  4. Cafeguzzi

Oddometer:

i use a Forcefield back protector harness since 2009 and i just received the new forcefield air pants pro to wear under klim dakar pants. they are great but the waist band sits at belly button height (?), a bit loose despite proper sizing and they feel quite warm in temps around 90F.
  5. Cafeguzzi

Oddometer:
    i just received an answer from Zandona in Italy. The protectors in the cube jacket are all CE level 2.
    This puts it on the same level as the Forcefield shirt, even price-wise it is a match. i think i will order the net cube jacket and try it out . it looks promising.
    IMG_7380.PNG
  6. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh nice, that must be an upgrade over the older Zandona shirt I have. The materials are excellent quality, more thoughtfully designed then most other armored shirts. The big thing for me is that the one I have has 3d mesh behind the back protector, so you at least get some airflow up the back in warmer temps. I found the forcefield X-2 shirt to be very warm, as the large back protector sits basically right on your skin. I replaced the CE1 limb pads the jacket I got had with Forcefield's and it worked great. I actually have it up for sale in the Flea Market if you take a size large.

I also didn't find Zandona's sizing to be too small, it has lots of stretch.
  7. Cafeguzzi

Oddometer:
    I just received the Zandona netcube jacket! I ordered on 9/23 from FC Moto in Germany, got billed on the 25th and the jacket arrived 5 days later by DHL (in California). Wow, super fast service!! The total was $281 incl $40 for shipping.
    That's comparable to the forcefield Pro Shirt XV 2 AIR which is not even on the US market yet.
    The jacket looks and feels very good, the sizing is exact. All the protectors are CE level 2. They consist what seems to be a dual compound, the net cube mesh on top and a slightly larger (PU?) foam underneath; total thickness i estimate at 12-15 mm, the back protector at 20 mm. All made in Italy.
    It looks like the jacket provides plenty of airflow incl the chest protector. i will report after my next ride, maybe in a week.
    This is a serious contender on par or even better then forcefield. I'm considering selling my forcefield pants (which have an unusually high waist, are a bit loose and despite the marketing talk feel actually quite hot) and get the Zandona shorts and knee protectors. IMG_7473.JPG IMG_7474.JPG IMG_7478.JPG
    Shaolin, Suncoaster and cblais19 like this.