1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Zega box clearance

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Bittern, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Bittern

Bittern n00b

Oddometer:
    Noob asking: I'm thinking of buying a new model F 650 GS. BMW, at no cost, lowers suspension and has a lower profile pre lowering which would allow a shorter person such as myself to ride one. In other words, there are three available seat heights out of the store. If I bought Zega type panniers, would the said suspension lowering affect their clearance in turns and if so is a manufacturer out there making "shaved bottom outsside edge" ones?
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, a lowered bike will affect your cornering clearance, but having seen a factory lowered F650, I'd say the center stand / side stand will drag before the panniers do. Check out Happy-trail.com for panniers with a cut...

Moved to Thumpers.
  3. Bittern

Bittern n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks much I really appreciate the insight. The vertically challenged thread gave me a whole new way to think about this issue.
  4. Bora20

Bora20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could you drill the mounts for the panniers low in the box so that they will sit higher on the bike???