1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

ZERO Electric Off-road Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Rode2Nowhere, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Rode2Nowhere

Rode2Nowhere Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    I've had mine on order since January 19th. Don't know why they take so long to build them. Frustrating. Supposedly I will have it some time in May.

I've got a little electric scooter to play with in the meantime and I gotta say, the power delivery is going to be pretty sweet on this. Even my scooter does wheelies :D
  3. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it's pretty 205... and they look like fun, but oh lordy, the price! :norton
  4. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    I added up the pricing, given the older years (Electricross Drift) parts breakdown and what I've found elsewhere..

Frame+shock $1800
    PERM132 (zero's upgrade) Motor+controller $1500
    Wheels+tires+brakes $500
    CRF seat $100
    Forks $500

About $4400, then add the other BS such as foot pegs, bars, throttle, wiring, plastics, final drive.

And of course you need batteries. If you go SLA then it is only maybe $200, if you go Li-Po then it is $3000.

So I would say the bike is overpriced by about $1,000 if you were to buy the pieces for best price and machine and build it. Obviously it's the huge battery price that is the deal breaker.