Zero Motorcycles (UPS just delivered)

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by potatoho, Jul 7, 2008.

1. dwayne

dwayne Silly Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are 3 big reasons we are loosing riding areas

1 noise
    2 carbon footprint
    3 physical damage to the land

While it doesn't solve all three, theZero address all three of these (#3 because of weight). Electric is probably what the future of off road riding will be.
  2. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    I've been watching this thread with great interest. I'm on Zero's mailing list too so I saw the S Model news release. 60mph/60mi is not too bad, considering the national average for a commute is 30 miles round trip, and many I'll bet can plug in at work and at home.

The $10K is a bit tougher to swallow, given I'll bet most finance companies won't touch it and $10K is a pretty good chunk of change in this marginal economy. I still think it's a great idea, cool machine and I would like one. The quiet aspect appeals to me the most.
  3. bikeraider

bikeraider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    The most important thing about 4 years ago a 225 pound electric motorcycle with 60 miles of range was impossible to made even with a higher cost. For the future if we can multiply this energy density by a factor of 2 you can easily get a 120 miles range electric motorcycle or more. :wink:
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Good day!<o:p></o:p>
    Bikeraider <o:p></o:p>
  4. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    My bicycle has shipped. Arrives in the US tomorrow, but it will take a number of days to get it trucked to my door.
  5. dwayne

dwayne Silly Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    a range of 60 miles is still the range of many bikes with 2 gal tanks. Of course you can carry extra fuel.

Personally i can't wait to try an electric motorcycle. Maintinance would be even less than 2 strokes!
  6. potatoho

Oddometer:
    I got my bicycle yesterday. IT'S AWESOME! It makes no noise at all. I went for a ride this morning and it sure is a workout if you pedal along @ 40 mph.

There was a little snafu with the charger in that I was sent a 220 instead of 110, but today I was able to feed it with my dryer circuit and that should suffice until I get the replacement charger.

I will make another thread in Shiny Things when I get a bit more organized.

Here's a picture of the bike :lol3

[​IMG]
  7. potatoho

Oddometer:
  8. potatoho

Oddometer:
    Spires,

How are your White Brothers forks holding up? I have them on my Stealth bike and they have been awesome.. kinda wish I had them on my KTM. However I have a friend and he feels they are a bit soft and the left leg doesn't hold air on his.

Mine are nice and progressive, I put 10-20 psi air in the left leg, and I've never bottomed out.
  9. ADK

ADK shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    I just watched a program that showed 3 guys riding these up 2 rocky mtn passes easily, no recharging shown over the course of 2 days. the show is on again @ 2:30 am eastern.
  10. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    what channel?
  11. ADK

ADK shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    The Outdoor Channel
  12. LILBIT

LILBIT Ride you must.

Oddometer:
    Ride to adventure.
  13. potatoho

Oddometer:
    I shoulda recorded it :cry

So how did that show turn out? Was it all electric bikes? Did they have a support truck LOL.
  14. debaisley

debaisley Long timer

Oddometer:
    being that they only have a 50 mile range , i bet they had a truck full of bikes , or they trucked em around and just filmed in select locations.
  15. LILBIT

LILBIT Ride you must.

Oddometer:
    They show plenty of reruns. Keep checking they'll show it again. Or just hit "record all" and delete the other 48 shows before this one shows back up.