Zeus Helmet review

Discussion in 'Australia' started by twotyred, Feb 26, 2008.

1. AUS CRUZER

AUS CRUZER Lets Cruz

Oddometer:
    None in Geelong/Werribee or Hoppers that i can find
  2. auRoscoe

auRoscoe Cerebral Failure!

Oddometer:
    Picked up a XXL today from Riders Edge, A1 had no stock as they received the wrong shipment.

Not a bad helmet though I haven't ridden in it yet. Not high quality, doesn't stack up to my Shoei TZR but at $300 cheaper what would you expect?

Plenty of room for big helmet speakers and it is is very lite. Should make a good touring helmet but I'll stick to the TZR for commuting. As was mentioned in the thread earlier, the visor is a real pain in the arse to take on and off and the tinted visor is very dark.

I'm heading north next week so I'll give it a good try out... but I'll have the Shoei ready to ship in case I have any problems.
  3. AUS CRUZER

AUS CRUZER Lets Cruz

Oddometer:
    Any 6 footers using the Zeus on a 950 ADV? If so whats the buffeting etc like?:ear
  4. hdcoffeeboy

hdcoffeeboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bought a dark grey from A1 in Ringwood a couple of weeks ago. They seem to be having trouble keeping them in stock at the moment - selling like crazy.

Pretty impressed so far. My Spy goggles fit, though I haven't needed them yet. Fairly quiet on the highway, though there's a little wind noise, and it whistles if you turn your head. Haven't tried it without the peak yet, but I'm sure that will help no end.
  5. hdcoffeeboy

hdcoffeeboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A1 in Ringwood and Ballarat are the only Victorian stockists, I believe.
  6. auRoscoe

auRoscoe Cerebral Failure!

Oddometer:
    Took the helmet for a spin this morning in strong wind and it is a quiet helmet and didn't pick up much air at all, but I did get a little vibration off the stock V-Strom screen.

I think its going to make a good touring helmet.
  7. aussiexbox

aussiexbox Buell Uly pilot

Oddometer:
    Well Ive used my new helmet a couple of time over the last fortnight since getting it,I tried on the scooter helmets at my bike shop,and worked out that a large would suffice,so I orderd a new 2100-B,it took about 3 weeks to get here,and I had them send it down to me,when I put it on it sure as hell was a small-large,the cheek pads are fairly tight,but they are bedding in to the shape of my ugly mellon,I find the visor/screen to be bloody good,as it pistivly locks to what ever detent you set it at,the peak is good,but you sure as hell don't turn your head sideways at a buck sixty or greater,the helmet is nice and lite,so in general I like it so far,and finally most say they are quieter,I'd say the jury is still out on that one,but i would thoroughly recomend this helemt to others.
    Phil
  8. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    mine is on its way ,should be here tonight,from bills motorcycles in adelaide,been riding with a fullface without a peak up till now(bloody sun)!
  9. Tee Dee Mmm

Tee Dee Mmm Long timer

Oddometer:
    4 of us used the Zeus helmets for our Cape York Trip and all agreed they are a fantastic value for money helmet. Extremely good at keeping the dust out comfortable and i had mine fitted with an Autocomm speakers and mic which were hooked up to my MP3 and Garmin Rino for clear sound. I will probably replace my Zeus with a new one due to inspecting Battlecamp road with it like a crash test dummy ! another test that it passed.

Cheers Rick
  10. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    was there much wind noise mate?i use ear plugs with my current helmet on long trips:cry
  11. Tee Dee Mmm

Tee Dee Mmm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would rate the Zeus as quite if not quieter than my KBC VR-1 road helmet so the mp3 sounds great.

Cheers Rick
  12. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    exellent news indeed!thanks,:1drink
  13. Rossco

Rossco Cpt. Blue Coat

Oddometer:
    At mothansa on tuesday and noticed that they had a few Zeus helmets in the shop. Said they don't normally stock helmets but there was demand for the Zeus. Anyone bought a large and so far impressed with the helmet. hard to argue with the price.
  14. johno

johno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia.
    Ozbikedude, are Bills the only ones in Adelaide that sell them? Peter Stevens??
    Will be in Adelaide next week, and am looking for a new brain bucket, so will check out the Zeus.:D
  15. ForestryFred

ForestryFred Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Low noise, fit excellent and no wind worries..
    Fred
  16. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    as far as i know billsmotorcycles in adelaide are the only ones yes,adress is 192 wakefield street or 368 main north road blair athol,cheers hope this helps!:1drink
  17. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    $249aus here mate.:wink:
  18. clangers

clangers Love a drink

Oddometer:
    Been Zeused up for a month now and it's good, very comfy for all day use, make sure it's a very snug fit when new, it'll mould to ya scone in no time.
  19. johno

johno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia.
    Thanks Oz. Be doin the Main Nth Rd bike shop crawl.:D
  20. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a xxl Zeus for sale which has only been worn a couple of dozen times if that is your size.

If not buy a small one - the foam in mine had collapsed to about half its origonal thickness after half a dozen wearings so it was floating around on my head.

And get half a dozen spare visors too - mine just disintegrated in normal use , but it is as soft as toffee it was scatched badly and due for replacement anyway.

The new visor is unused - no sense is taking a risk and using it.
    I bought a Schuberth on German Ebay for around $100- more - and they are just a different class.

Fitting is avaailible at BMW dealers - the System 5 is a Schuberth.