Zeus Helmet review

Discussion in 'Australia' started by twotyred, Feb 26, 2008.

1. griffo1962

griffo1962 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Boy

I'm glad I saw this, I'm just about to order one and I don't want to get a really big one. Strange how helmet sizes can vary when supposedly they all use the same measuring tape????

cheers big ears

griffo:D
  2. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can someone tell me of anywhere in Sydney where they definately have these in stock with a range of sizes and colours?

I'd like to pick one up while I'm up there over the next few days to pick up my new bike.
  3. DustyWheels

DustyWheels Nomadic motorcyle traveller

Oddometer:
  4. made-in-oz

made-in-oz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I saw them at procycles hornsby last weekend. They also have a store in St. Peters
  5. Dirt Diver

Oddometer:
    Oh wicked!!!

That's where I'm getting my bike from (Procycles Hornsby)!!!

Did you see my baby in there?

Alpine white GSA :lol3
  6. Bruce10

Bruce10 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was in there today and they would order them in but didn't have any in stock, or any other zeus full face helmets to try on for sizing, they just had a couple of open face ones- in XS ,S and med.
    Am waiting for a reply if they have any other melb distributors.

Bruce T.
  7. Dirt Diver

Oddometer:
    Picked up my new GSA today (OMG!!)

Also a Zeus lid.

I've only done 40ks in it so far but I have to say, it's awesome!

My previous lid was a HJC in XL in the Zeus I'm wearing a Medium.

I tried on the Arai and found the XL to be comfortable but a tad loose and the Large to be too tight.

The Zeus is very snug atm but you can tell it will be perfect in time.

With the visor down it's very quiet and vents well. No fogging despite the humidity in Sydney today.

As previously stated the buckle side of the chin stap could do with being a little longer - my only gripe at this stage.
  8. Paves

Paves Beetrt/liver sausage

Oddometer:

Bugger. I've got a large on order and have been worrying about this. It's due in the next week or so. My current helmet is a M2R XL and is too big for me now it's loosened up. I had the same experience as you when I tried the Arai. Anybody want a Zeus large if it is too big? Brand new, never worn and same price as I am paying - $249.95
  9. aussiexbox

aussiexbox Buell Uly pilot

Oddometer:
    Well I towaiting for these helmets to arrive,as I want to try one on before I buy,went to 2 dealers in Newcastle last weekend,one tells me the suppliers have had there shipments delayed???what the!and another had a display helmet but it was only in small so I couldn't fit it,and they said their full face Zuess were a different size,once again What the!and lastly I have sent a couple of emails to the suppliers/distributor and have not seen a reply yet,looks like I gotta save for the Arai don't it
  10. althasaur

althasaur who sells kle 500 parts?

Oddometer:
    Have they started supplying the other colors yet?
    I am keen to get one as long as it is not black... :D
  11. Paves

Oddometer:
    I ordered mine 2 weeks ago in Perth. The shop rang up and said I could have black, grey or silver.
  12. Deejay

Deejay Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got one, in matt black. Yes, sizing is huge - I'm an XL usually, but M in Zeus. Visor's great, though you can't fit goggle straps underneath like the Arai. And can confirm that this is one seriously quiet helmet. Always bought high-end Shoei's for the noise insulation, and this $250 gem trumps them all!

Note though... I'm actually wearing a "loaner". The one I bought had problems with the liner - glue had not stuck at all around the visor opening, so can see white polystyrene between cheek pads and shell. Gecko in Canberra are getting me a newie, and the distributor told them I could wear this one until they get more stock. Shame about the quality, but freakin' good service, eh?
  13. Deejay

Deejay Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I've gotta laugh at this, though I'm in the same boat. Nov '07 I got my new 1200GS - a huuuge purchase - and then also went skint and buy the cheapest helmet out there. I suppose it's because I expect to use it, and a broken Arai is a 3.5x more expensive paperweight than a Zeus...
  14. Richard H

Richard H XTZ 660

Oddometer:
    Hi Dirt Diver. Congrats on both purchase. Regarding the Zeus - I agree on the level of sound proofing - unreal. I have both an Aria road helmet and off road (Cannot recall the models) but this thing runs rings around them and cost 1/2 the RRP. I have on order a tinted visor and will report on how this rates at various times of the day (or night).

Enjoy.

Richard.
  15. warnabrother

warnabrother .. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer:
    if only these helmets could take goggles... because they are really just road helmets with a sun visor..

I just don't see the point.. the whole idea with the XD, Hornet etc.. is that you can use the visor onroad, then when offroad flip the visor up and fit your goggles...

why not just buy one of those clip/stick on sun visors and keep your existing road helmet ??
  16. Craypot

Craypot Lounge lizard

Oddometer:
    I thought the whole point of these helmets was to provide a peak on a road style helmet. Some people don't like goggles and/or prefer to wear sunglasses or other glasses with a visor.
    I have a "supervisor" fitted to a visor on a regular road Arai helmet and the peak does its job but when you lift the visor the peak goes with it and becomes a wind break on the top of the helmet. It also means if you change visors you need to refit the visor and buy new clips.
    The XD etc keep the peak in place when the visor is raised.

The bottom line is that we now have more helmet choices and that has to be a good thing.

Now where is that $250 road style, peaked, flip fronted, bluetoothed, goggle suitable, washable lined, auto tint visored helmet I really want?
  17. warnabrother

warnabrother .. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer:
    I couldn't give a rats about the peak.. I do just fine without one on my road helmet..

for me, wearing goggles offroad is priority number 1.. sunglasses with the visor up doesn't give me the dust or impact protection I want.. and the visor down is too hot usually..

I'll stick to my Fox V3 offroad and my Shark onroad unitl I can fit my goggles on one of these...

IMO.. Zeus is really just "cashing in" on the DS "look" more than providing a product that suits it's purpose... and good on 'em.. people seem to be caught up in them and they seem to be seeling well...
  18. DustyWheels

DustyWheels Nomadic motorcyle traveller

Oddometer:
    Ive been told Chopper googles will fit in the Zeus helmet, but I havent tried it myself yet.
  19. Paves

Oddometer:
    And I like it :D
    Compared to my cheapo M2R there's much less noise from the aerodynamics of the helmet so i can hear noises the bike makes a lot more. Much more comfortable for me than the Arai I tried on at a shop, and my ears are not squished so I don't have to shake my head to make the helmet sit properly when I put it on. My cheeks aren't squashed either.
    The shop were not sure about it when I ordered it but now they've seen it in the flesh they like it so much they said they've decided to cancel their planned Arai display and go with the Zeus. They have a black one in stock and have ordered more.
    [​IMG]
  20. Dirt Diver

Oddometer:
    Done 1400ks in mine now, starting to hear a buzz on one side. But then I have swapped visors twice so may just need a bit of a tighten.

Still loving it.

I was told when at the distributer 1 week ago that they posted all sizes and all colours to Tassie and it'll take 2 weeks, so won't be long now to those who are waiting.

And yeah, I could've cleaned it for the pictures but meh...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]