Zeus Helmet review

Discussion in 'Australia' started by twotyred, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Paves

Paves Beetrt/liver sausage

Oddometer:
    BOLLOCKS I say :lol3 :lol3 :lol3
    Horses for courses mate. Maybe you need a bit more experience riding into the sun or have trouble accepting that not everyone's like you?
  2. Hunsta

Hunsta Have guns will hunt

Oddometer:
    Heres a tip for ya mate.

DONT BLOODY BUY ONE THEN.
    And yes thats exactly what they are. A road helmet with a peak. Like all dualsport helmets are. I wanted one cause goggle piss me off. And if we all didnt wear something for the look, we`d all be wearing heshen sacks:fitz
  3. warnabrother

warnabrother .. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer:
    crap...

a dual sport helmet is one that allows the visor to be down on road and goggles to be worn offroad..

the Zues is taking advantage of "the look" of the XD's and Hornets without the functionality..

if I wanted a peak on my road helmet I'd buy one of those aftermarket jobbies..
    when I ride offroad I want goggles and fresh air on the face like most other offroad riders.. when onroad I want silence and protection from the elements..
  4. warnabrother

Oddometer:
    I ride east to work EVERY DAY... and west home from work EVERY DAY..

yes the sun is a little annoying.. but not enough to buy a helmet with a peak on it.. maybe a new tinted visor though :deal
  5. Hunsta

Oddometer:
    There ya go mate. 1 Zeus helmet with progrip goggles. No troubles getting them in or inplace. The epitamy of Dual sport helmets:lol3
  6. Paves

Oddometer:
    Aarff, aarff..... :clap :clap :clap :clap

Now close ya visor :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
  7. warnabrother

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU

No one else has bothered to try it,, and to me is the most critical part of the "ds" helmet.. I suppose everyone else on here has ridden dirt bikes with road helmets if they dont see the benefit of an open face helmet and goggles :baldy
  8. OutbreakMonkey

OutbreakMonkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm with him on this. No point calling a helmet a DS if you can't wear goggles with it. A visor is completely useless off road, the dust just sucks up from the chin area of the helmet and you can't see shit.

Hunsta it looks like quite a tight fit. Are the goggles completely flush against your face?
  9. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I enjoying having the peak to block the sun more than any mirrored/tinted visor I've owned.

I haven't done much off-road riding on my new bike yet to know if I'll need goggles but if I do I guess I'll buy the Arai.

For now, the Zeus is performing extremely well.

I've just ridden from the ACT to VIC (again) on a F650GS and it went well.
  10. stretch49

stretch49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Picked up my Matt Silver helmet with tinted visor from R & R. Sizing is the same as my Shoei and HJC.

First impressions: A good quality helmet for the price. Very quiet, which surprised me for a helmet with a peak. The visor seals well against the helmet.
    I will be testing it out on a 5 day ride through the Vic High country in a couple of weeks.
  11. Hunsta

Oddometer:
    I will admit it is a snug fit , but yes the goggles were against the face firmly and not at all held off. However that is with the Progrip goggles. Cant say that for all brands. The thing is though. If i was going to be doing some serious dirt squirting, of course I would were a MX helmet. But this one is going to serve the purpose as a long ride helmet. Ive been through some rain storms with the MX helmet and would have payed with a testicle for a drop down visor at the time. After all this game is adventure riding. Not Motocross, not Enduro.
    Took mine for a test ride this morning and yes they are very quiet indeed. Its got my vote.:thumb
  12. Maccaoz

Maccaoz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good one Hunsta.:clap
  13. Paves

Oddometer:
    My Scott goggles are too big for the Zeus. But like Hunsta, I bought it for long distance adventure riding on mainly dirt roads.
  14. warnabrother

Oddometer:
    well I am pretty sure that most other helmet manufacturers are going to cotton onto this pretty quick.. all they need to do is add a peak to their old unwanted road helmets..
    call it an "adventure helmet" and they'll be hot property again as they look just like an XD or Hornet without the functionality of them... and people will buy them

I'm pretty sure Zues has missed the object of the crossover helmet.. but anyway.. you guys seem to like the look of them :evil
  15. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Several sizes and colours now available at Motorworks in Hobart and the Scooter shop in Launceston.

FYI
  16. vOOdsy

vOOdsy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Being a cheapskate..is it possible just to buy the peak and glue it on?
  17. warnabrother

Oddometer:
    just buy a cheap offroad helmet and goggles for offroad mate..

goggles and airflow around the face are paramount to a comfortable ride offroad..

having dust funnelling through your road helmet while offroad, and mixing with sweat under your fullface road helmet, is one way to turn what should be a great ride into a very shit day..

goggles and open helmets (mx) are, IMO, very important while riding on anything other than good, graded dirt roads..
    the dust can be downright deadly
  18. Paves

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  19. vOOdsy

vOOdsy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lol...swimming goggles?:rofl
  20. Rossco

Rossco Cpt. Blue Coat

Oddometer:
    Rode lots of outback bulldust tracks in a normal road helmet, no great concern or discomfort. Had to do big stretches of tar to get to the dirt MX helmet would have been more of a pain than my road helmet. New zeus looks like a good compromise to me.[​IMG]