Zeus Helmet review

Discussion in 'Australia' started by twotyred, Feb 26, 2008.

1. What's his Face

What's his Face lost as

Oddometer:
    anyone in bris bought one recently? if so where from[/quote]

they have them at springwood suzuki for $259.00
    they only had large in stock (no xl) and said they would have more stock at the end of the month

i emailed the link at the begining of this thread and they called me the next day quoted me $264.00 inc. airbag postage and i had my new xl the very next day

just took it for its first ride

i love it

riding into the sun is great and its very quiet
    3 people i ran into today all asked me where to get one so it looks like mr. zeus is on to a winner with these helmets:clap
  2. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:

Had mine a few weeks now, bought from Team Moto Moorooka. Don`t pay full price.
  3. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Sydney distributor advises that stock is low across the country but they have new supplies arriving in last week of June. In Adelaide they will be available from Bill's Motorcycles in Wakefield St from 2nd week of July. Full range of colours and sizes.
  4. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Update on my Zeus lid.

I've had it for about four months now and done around 8 000ks with it.

As I've said earlier i absolutely love it.

However it has started to form some splits in the vinyl adjacent to the chin strap area. Only minor but I would have expected it to last a little longer.

Anyone else had the same?

I also just fitted a Blueant Interphone to the helmet and it all matched up nicely, especially being able to remove the lining to get it all tucked away.
  5. thumpa

thumpa DRZ400e motarded

Oddometer:
    how much room do you have to fit speakers in it? i have an autocom and fit nicely in my HJC helmet but due to my big ears, didnt work well in the Shoei.

also, can you get tinted visors for them?
  6. stretch49

stretch49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Thumpa just a tip on the tinted visors. I bought a dark tinted visor when i got the helmet and when riding off road dirt tracks/roads and in shadows the tint is too dark. I dont use now i use my sunnies. The also have a light tint visor available, and the good point is there around the $40 mark.

Stretch
  7. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's all fitting well at the moment though I haven't been able to make a call on the go. It keeps dialing the wrong numbers! I think that's my phone's voice software though. Haven't had time to fiddle with it yet.

I have the dark tint and Strech49 is right, they're too dark on a dimly lit track and near impossible to see out of at night. Brilliant in the sun though.
  8. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 on the dark visor... its too dark for anything but full sunshine.

Another thing - when the dust builds up on the Zeus dark visor, vision really suffers, more than you'd get with the clear visor. And another thing (I'm not whinging.. really :wink: ), to fit a visor on a Zeus you really need to 'see' the lugs on the visor to line them up with the slots on the helmet. The dark visor prevents you from seeing the lugs and it becomes a bugger of a job. Must be me... but I find it bloody frustrating.

Had my Zeus for +7000kms now. Did Perth -> Ayres Rock & back via Gunbarrel. Great helmet. Dark visor was the only drawback. Buckle was a little fiddly at first but soon got used to it. More space for hydration mouthpiece compared to normal full face helmets - that proved handy. Dusty work and matt black don't go together - messy look.

The other guys on the trip had MX helmets with goggles. By the end of the day they had sunburnt noses and dust caked around their faces (except for the goggle line). After 3000+ dirt kms we all agreed a good d/s helmet (ie the Zeus) was definitely the way to go.

Just my 10c worth :ricky .

Cheers

W
  9. sharkey

sharkey XLV750R

Oddometer:
    A1 in Ringwood have just got new stock in, so I went down there and tried one on. Unfortunately, turns out the head shape is all wrong for me, even the XXL was way WAY too narrow (previous helmet is an XL Shoei X9)

Looks like the Shoei Hornet DS might be the go ... anyone know of a dealer getting these in?

-----sharks
  10. L0cky

L0cky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dude...In all respect...you must have a fat head....:D
  11. L0cky

L0cky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He must have the biggest head in Australia..since the Zeus is known for a larger fit..
  12. gavmac

gavmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks sharks,

Picked up a medium Silver from A1 in Ringwood today.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  13. lowrpm

lowrpm Tar Baby

Oddometer:
    On the ribbon of black, Melbourne, Australia
    Got a medium silver from A1 a few weeks back. Replaces my Shoei XR1000. Fits well, quieter, looks good ;) and costs heaps less. Happy boy so far!
  14. althasaur

althasaur who sells kle 500 parts?

Oddometer:
    Finally got my large Silver today.. Been waiting 2 and half months for it.
    Just a side note, the Instruction Card says that it is "unsuitable for use with goggles" and "unsuitable for use with communication devices"

Covering their proverbials so to speak.
    [​IMG]
  15. ttrkiwi

ttrkiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got mine from Team Moto Honda? on the Goldie....

Be carefull of sizing, I usually take a medium but opted for the small...

Great helmet for the price and no vices as yet...
  16. Hardhead

Hardhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Leading Edge motor cycles in Brendale is now stocjking a range of Zeus Helmets. I think they have all colours and sizes in stock. ($239)
  17. thumpa

thumpa DRZ400e motarded

Oddometer:
    thats interesting. the only helmet i know of that states it. im sure i'll manage to get it in still :evil
  18. Aussie Jase

Aussie Jase Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Used mine for a 7 thousand k trip a couple of months ago, and had no problems with using MP3 player earphones, but there would not be much space for much more, very snug fit.

I was realy impressed with it compared to my dirt helmet and considering the price the helmet liner has held up still fitting snug and comfy.

Bought mine direct from the Aussie distributors and was shipped very quick, refer some body elses earlier posts this thread for their website details.

Jase
  19. sharkey

sharkey XLV750R

Oddometer:
    This is true. And that's even with my aerodynamic haircut!

------sharks
  20. kiwipeet

kiwipeet Uber Cyber Loafer

Oddometer:
    I got the same problem. I went to A1 at Ringwood on the weekend to try/buy a Zues. The XL was too small for me.

Jess found the Large was too small, and the XL was too big.

They've got some XXL's coming in soon.

Didn't buy a helmet, But found myself getting all hot a sweaty over the Benelli Trek instead...