1. eNewsletter Sign Up

1. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if you can ride through the park? Looks like the road goes to dirt heading toward Cedar City. The road i am thinking goes past the Klob reservior
  2. four-up

four-up Distracted

Oddometer:
    It's been a few years since I did it, but it's a great ride. You take the road up to Kolob going left at Virgin, a few miles before Springdale. It's great tarmac- narrow, winding, along a great ridge. But keep you eye out for trucks and tourists.

Once you get to Kolob, at the north end of the lake there are several dirt roads. With the amount of snow this year, you'd better check with someone local to make sure it's melted. The roads are all jeep tracks in various states of erosion. I was on a 650 dual sport, which made it a bit challenging. I got lost several times before I hooked up with a well-graded dirt road that took me down to 14, east of Cedar City. I had intended to end up on I-15 south of Cedar City, but I was without a map or GPS and didn't really care as long as I made it back to St. George before dark. If you go, you'll see what I mean- there's a plethora of 4x4 trails.
  3. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Might not be a good route as were going to be loaded for our return trip to Alaska. Thanks for the reply.
  4. Big Iron

Big Iron Adventurer

Oddometer:
    State 14 east of Cedar City has reciently been blocked by mudslide/washout. They forcast several weeks before it is open. If you were to make it across the Kolob Terrace from Virgin to Hwy 14 you would likely have to turn arond and go back the way you came to get out.

It's a great ride, just do it later in the season.

Ted
  5. four-up

four-up Distracted

Oddometer:
    Where are you coming from? There are plenty of other great options for a loaded GS, both east and west of 1-15.
  6. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coming from AZ dont know if were going to seattle or jackson, WY to vist my brother. Need to chat w/riding bud.
  7. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I spent last Friday night in Cedar City, finishing a trip through all the parks from Zion to Moab, I thought a dam must have broken on that creek which runs through town.