zippy and stu take off eh?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by zippy, May 11, 2004.

1. zippy

zippy Southside of the Sun

Oddometer:
    Finally get to use the gs what I bought it for. Me and friend (Stu Mayhem) will be heading for Vancouver the last Saturday in May. We have 17 days to travel about. Only plans are to bust hump to Vancouver , Stu has business there. Once there may stay for a couple days or may wander aimlessly till the need arises to return to my cubicle . We will be taking tents , sleeping bags...etc hoping to camp the whole time. Except maybe a hotel in Vancouver. My bike will be getting its 6000 mile service and new tourances prior to embarking on our journey.
    Any tips , hints , advice would be appreciated. My first long motorcycle trip. Me and Stu did 1,000 miles in 3 days on KLRs last year so are not totally green.
  2. zippy

Oddometer:
    Failed to mention we will depart from St Pete Fla. First day we will atempt to grab a slice of the iron butt pie and do 1000 + hoping to get to St Louis.
    If you happen to see an 04 standard GS in graphitan and a kawi concourse in silver heading northwest - wave , beep , advrider salute, toss me a sandwich ,anything but please do not throw lit cigarettes.
  3. jktpa

jktpa X-Troller

Oddometer:
    Zippy,
    Sounds like a great trip.Take pic's. What day are you leaving St. Pete.
    Knick
  4. zippy

Oddometer:
    Plans are to leave Saturday early morning May 29th. Really looking forward to this. We will both have digital cameras , plus I plan on eating through a bunch of the disposable types as well. Eight works days left wooo f'n hooo.
  5. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hiya zippy

if you need info on rides, accomodations, or whatever when you get to vancouver, feel free to call.

been here all my life and can show you some great spots not printed on the tourist brochures - pm me if you need my contact info

if you can - come through the north cascades on your way to vancouver - you'll have trouble keeping your eyes on the road.
  6. Kaumajet

Kaumajet H.I.D. Positive

Oddometer:
    PM loaded, WeirD and Max Power. Three good dudes in the area.
  7. zippy

Oddometer:
    I pm'ed you dr650bc. Might just send the others a pm as well, thanks Brad.