ZipTy Fuel Mixture Screw Question.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by OzRider64, Aug 22, 2005.

1. OzRider64

OzRider64 Friggen slow Adventurer.

Oddometer:
    G'day fellas,

I have just purchased a ZipTy fuel mixture screw for my late model FCR carb. The carb is bolted on to a 02 640 SM.
    I understand I will probably have to loosen the clamps and turn the carb sideways. Can I remove the OE mixture screw from the carb without taking the bowl off, or does the bowl need to be removed.

Any help muchos appreciated.

Simon.
  2. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    I would hope you don't need to take the bowl off, otherwise its going to be really hard to use the ZipTy screw????
  3. OzRider64

Oddometer:
    :doh The reason I put the question forward, is that I rang the distributor in OZ of FCR carbs and he told me that to install the Zipty fuel mixture screw I had to remove the bowl to install it.
    I do realise that it is going to be difficult to run the bike without the bowl attached.

Simon.
  4. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    No, my point was that the reason to have the ZipTy screw is that it enables you to adjust the fuel mixture while the bike is idling, without tools. If the carb needs the float bowl to be removed in order to access the mixture, it seems self-defeating to add a ZipTy mixture screw. That was all.
  5. Jeff620RXC

Jeff620RXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does install inside the fuel bowl but pertrudes (SP?) out. The good thing about that is it won't fall out if it gets a little loose.
  6. OzRider64

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your help Jeff,

Look how easy that was jdiaz.

Simon.