1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Zoro!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dtysdalx2, Sep 26, 2017.

1. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Only a matter of time.

Oddometer:
    Any of YFF's tried this place?

They are having a flash sale the next 3 days I figgerd I'd give YFF's the heads up!

https://www.zoro.com/flash-sale-week

More stuff to do in the garage.
  2. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Used them a couple times. All went well. Would use them again.
  3. HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a Harry Epstein kind of guy...
  4. dtysdalx2

Oddometer:
    I just ordered some VP small engine fuel. Used my 15% discount code with free shipping too! :thumbup
  5. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    Buy from them regularly , always use a 15% discount for every purchase . The catalogs kinda suck and so far every time I have ordered stuff 1 out of 5 that I need is not available from them but prices are good .
  6. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    Many times in the past, always with a coupon. Just tried to use FLASH27, guess I need to wait until tomorrow LOL. Thanks for the heads up!
  7. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    Grainger owns Zoro. I have a commercial work account with Grainger. I constantly have to call my guy to get "my price". Finally I said fuck it and started buying from Zoro. And even with my discount, often it was cheaper to buy Zoro than from Grainger.

zoro is simply their ecommerce division.
    MJSfoto1956 and dtysdalx2 like this.
  8. dtysdalx2

Oddometer:
  9. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    Yeah Grainger just didn't work for us. Too many steps to click thru just to order a box of bolts. I found McMaster far faster to get what I wanted for everyday "stuff" and for big ticket items I had time to shop around. The last thing I bought from Grainger was a FLIR camera and they were cheaper than anyone with my discount.

I find McMaster to be a little high but their convenience and next day delivery wins for me. Huge fan of their web interface. If Grainger would make their stuff easier to find online I'd probably buy more. McMaster makes it 10 seconds to find what I want, with Grainger it's a lot of scrolling. I think Zoro is much better than Grainger I guess I don't understand why they don't adopt their superior ecommerce platform for the parent company.
  10. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    Well crapola, tried to place order this morning before I left and it was too early. Just missed the deadline when I got home tonight :baldy
  11. dtysdalx2

Oddometer:
    Not really sure their prices are that great to begin with so, :dunno.

I saw a LOT of back ordered stuff to :hmmmmm

For all I know they jack up the prices 25% before and break even on these sales. I didn't order any of the special stuff. Don't need any but I just thought I'd share. :D
  12. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    You have to know the "market price" to know if you're getting a deal or not.
  13. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    I put everything in the cart and call them the next day after they send me a 15% off coupon tried to do it online but they don't like my password so I just call , typing sucks anyway .
  14. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    I've used them as well. They have a lot of items that are hard to find in this part of Canada. Shipping can sometimes be expensive so I use them sparingly.
  15. dtysdalx2

Oddometer:
    I got my VP small engine fuel yesterday. HUGE truck that was empty with only my 5 gallon can.

VP want's $79.95 for it. Zoro wants $83.80 for it. I found NAPA has it for $71 last night. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/SME6202

I paid $72 for it shipped to my house with discount. Soooo, Zoro may only be good if you can use all the discounts. :hmmmmm
  16. RonKZ650

RonKZ650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've bought many times from them and been happy, but as others have said, compare prices first. Many times they have great prices, other times can be double what other places are selling the same thing for.