Zumo 595 software version 4.50 as of December 6, 2018

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Marcel Zeist, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Marcel Zeist

Marcel Zeist Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. lkraus

lkraus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the notice. I had a momentary hope that LiveTrack was fixed.

Guess I was just being silly...
    :becca
  3. Marcel Zeist

Marcel Zeist Adventurer

Oddometer:
    version 4.50 seems to bo retracted from the download page
  4. lkraus

lkraus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I only used version 4.50 on one short day trip, but I had a few issues.
    - The 595 and my phone both showed they had a Bluetooth connection, and phone calls would pass through the 595 to my Sena, but the Smartphone Link app would not recognize the connection.
    - Of the 1,100 .mp3 files on the SD card, the Media Player only recognized six songs from one album .
    - After manually shutting down the Zumo at the third stop, it would not turn on again.

Since I was in familiar territory when the Zumo would not restart, I headed home. Along the way, I remembered that some problems are cleared by removing the battery. Once home, I tried that, and now everything seems to be working properly, though I've not had a chance to try it on the road. I've assumed that some settings were scrambled during the firmware update, but maybe the glitches were more serious than that?
  5. Marcel Zeist

Marcel Zeist Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's almost never necessary to remove the battery, just press and hold de powerbutton until it restarts. this can take up to 20 seconds or more, so be patient..

I installed 4.50 but didn't had a change to take it on a trip. The smartphone link does recognize it, sending a trip to it via BT doesnt, but that's because the smartlink app crashes.. everything seems normal beside that, but Garmin didn't retract it for no reason i presume.

I expect Garmin will release a 4.60 in due time, if you need to downgrade, 4.40 can be found here: http://www.gawisp.com/perry/zumo/ download Zumo595_440.gcd (4.50 is listed there as wel btw)
    redkerk84 likes this.
  6. lkraus

lkraus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This must have been one of those "almost never" occasions, as I did hold the button for a full minute.

That is where I downloaded 4.50, and I still have 4.40 and 4.30 backed up. I'll probably keep 4.50 unless it fails again, with the route on my phone with Locus as a backup. Unfortunately, the weather does not favor much riding right now.
  7. Marcel Zeist

Marcel Zeist Adventurer

Oddometer:
    4.60 has been released. Unfortunately 'sharing trips and tracks via Smartphone Link' is not available in 4.60 where it was in the withdrawn version 4.50.
  8. lkraus

lkraus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But, LiveTrack began working for the first time ever after I installed 4.60.