zumo 660 coming

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by Ken Fritz, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ken Fritz

Ken Fritz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been using an old GPS V and it has done well, given its limitations. But now I have a problem - no complete software because of a new computer and I can't find but one of the 2 CDs to reload the maps and Garmin's program into the new computer. :cry

Solution? I checked around for the last few months and finally found a deal on a Zumo 660 at www.harboraudio.com for only $629.95. (Everywhere else seemd to be getting $799.99 for it.) Anthony there was really on the ball when I had problem ordering on line. He says they should get it to me about 22-23 April.:D

GPS V for sale with fresh batteries, power cable, mount cradle and instructions, but only 1 N America CD. Make a reasonable offer over $25 and it's yours. :deal
  2. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    You can get a 2720 for just over $100 :dunno. Pretty good upgrade for you unless you need the other stuff. :1drink
  3. Ken Fritz

Oddometer:
    :D Yes, but it's my birthday :1drink and I keep stuff a loooong time, so it'll be pennies per day in the end. I'm also getting warmed up on the bluetooth idea. :lol3
  4. Ken Fritz

Oddometer:
    Well, it's 28 May and I still haven't seen the 660. They tell me it'll be be another 10-12 days -still not in frorm Garmin. This is for the birds!
  5. Ken Fritz

Oddometer:
    After having been paid and they still didn't have the 660 to ship, they sent this email:From: help@harboraudio.com [mailto:help@harboraudio.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 10:22 AM
    To: Ken Fritz
    Subject: Re: Order Update #76

Hello, I can ship the Zumo 550 and then just exchange it for the Zumo 660.
    So I assume we can ship the Zumo 550 and exchange it when the Zumo 660 arrives?
    Thanks,
    Anthony
    HarborAudio.com
    213-458-6058

And I sent them this one:
    HI Anthony,

Sure, you can ship the 550 if I can return the 550 for the 660 at no charge to me. I will return the 550 as soon as you ship the 660 or when you tell me the 660 is on the way. OK?
    Thanks.
    Ken

Then we agreed that I would send the 550 back and after inspecting it to be sure it was in good shape and complete, they would exchange the units at no charge. This sounded too good to be true, and it was - read on. Here's what they told me when I contacted them to do the exchange:

Ken, the zumo 550 is yours until we receive it back and inspect it!
    We cannot ship you anything until you "RETURN YOUR" zumo 550.

Followed by this email a few minutes later:

Hello, any returns will NOT BE ACCEPTED. You are past the 30 day window and we will not accept any returns from you.

Of course, all this is :topes because they were told exactly how long I'd be using the 550 and in fact I used it a week less than they were told. Additionally, when I called to see why they refused to honor their written word, Rex :asshat immediately went ballistic - I was yelled at and cursed at over and over again by Rex at Harboraudio. When I asked to speak with Anthony, he told me Anthony wasn't there. I read over all the emails that went back and forth and Rex had made the same promises in writing: "Use the 550 until the 660 comes in after the trip to the east coast, then exchange the 550 for the 660 at no charge". He called me back 4 times in 20 minutes to cuss and rant and rave and call me names, never once admitting that he was changing his mind or going back on his word about the exchange. He even threatened to burn my house down after checking my address on Google Map. The guy is a psycho.

DO NOT BUY FROM Harboraudio.
    :kboom
  6. Glockowner

Glockowner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    holy chit!!

I think I would burn their business down. I guess that if you wanted you could call the better business bureau in their area so others will be warned.
  7. Ken Fritz

Oddometer:
    Good idea, I'll do it today!
  8. Ken Fritz

Oddometer:
    State Board of Consumer Affairs has advised me to contact the AG's office.:deal
  9. Glockowner

Glockowner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put some heat on 'em!!!
  10. Ken Fritz

Oddometer:
    Consumer Affairs has advised me to contact the state AG office, and if I get any more threats, to go to the FBI, so .....:deal
  11. laukkanen

laukkanen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can second the 'never order from harboraudio.com ' advice given here.

I saw their page on ebay and decided that feedback was enough for me to order from them. I placed the order at the end of June, it finally 'shipped' July 30th yet I still haven't seen the device. It simply doesn't take two weeks for USPS / UPS or FedEx to deliver to Houston from Los Angeles...

Now I've tried to call them but their number no longer accepts incoming calls and I haven't received any response to my emails to them. Just that you can get a response out of them is huge Ken! Now I've put a freeze on the payment through my credit card and am awaiting resolution.

The real drag is next Friday I take off for a 2,000mi trip that had prompted me to order the unit in the first place...
  12. Ken Fritz

Oddometer:
    I know how you feel about expecting them to do what they say will do - fuggetaboutit - total disappointment.
    These numbers worked: tel 213 458 6058 and 213 400 1488
    Harbor Audio LLC
    11271 Ventura Blvd #407
    Studio City, CA 91604

anthony@harboraudio.com
    rex@harborauadio.com

Good luck!
  13. laukkanen

laukkanen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for those numbers! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

On the bright side, the Navigator IV is coming out very soon and my dealer told me price looks to be MSRP ~900... only $100 more than MSRP on the zumo 660. throw in the usual discount and should be able to walk out the door with the motorrad navigator IV for just over the base 660 MSRP :clap

harboraudio still does suck...