Zumo 665 Track - Where they be?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by JonnyCinco, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JonnyCinco

JonnyCinco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok...so I followed the GPS 101 for MapSource. I did play with it a bit, but then took the easy way out and downloaded the UTBCDR. I thought I uploaded the tracks, but I cannot find where tracks are on my ZUMO??? How do you find the tracks you just uploaded??
  2. JonnyCinco

Oddometer:
    where o where can my tracks be..........:norton
  3. Twohondas

Twohondas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look in GARMIN /GPX / ARCHIVE directory and in the current.gpx file
  4. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you use MapSource to "Download" Tracks or explorer to copy a .gpx file with the Tracks to the 665?

I had one customer this weekend with a 665 and I had to copy files, not use MapSource to Download.
  5. JonnyCinco

Oddometer:
    Wow...well...with some digging. thank you for responding, as I was about ready to pull out some hairs.

Nevertheless, I did not see this mentioned anywhere in any tutorials or the (underwhelming) garmin instructions. But I did not realize that after I transferred them from Mapsource to the Garmin, you then have to transfer (import) them to the....Garmin. Got it now! Thanks!
  6. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jerry, why weren't you able to use MS to transfer your data to a zumo 665? It certainly should work.

Cheers,
  7. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was last Friday, had too many thoughts sinced then. I am pretty sure it was the guy with the 665 then again perhaps it was another guy with some non-garmin. I had to save-as three files as .gpx then copy to his unit. Since MS won't even talk to non-garmin I think it was 665.

I do agree that downloading data to some 3rd party memory then having the GPS import that data from the 3rd party to the GPS memory is beyond stupid, and the most user UN-FRIENDLY operation I have seen. It is like some data exchange at the Brandenburg gate between the USSR & the USA.
  8. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used MS for a long time with Garmin zumo's (550, 660, 665) with no problems. :hmmmmm

Cheers,