zumo and black friday deals

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by hotwheels22, Nov 23, 2016.

1. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 formpig.com + motorradRP

Oddometer:
    ok, i am thinking of just taking the leap and getting a zumo (instead of a montana). i do on road and off road and ride a r100gs. turn by turn navigation would be nice. ideally i could use it in my car also.

but honestly my brain is too full to research more about gps.

so i am thinking that i should just plunk down on a zumo on some black friday deals.

any recommendations on which zumo and who to check for deals? i guess troll thru this thread?

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/your-favorite-source-for-gps-stuff.116626/
    ohgood likes this.
  2. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Look at the very first post (stickied!) on this forum area

GPS Pricing Deal Fest - Post that good price or deal here
  3. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    Craigslist is always full of them, and the adv for sale section. Super cheap!
  4. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    hey ohgood. thanks. i'll go that route and start looking.

any chance i can just ask you briefly if you think i am headed in the right direction? i had a bunch of information printed out here and somehow thought i was going to go with the iphone route so i think i trashed all my notes.

can i go wrong with a zumo 595 LM or a 590 LM? are there other models i should consider? do you know anything about the 395?i was looking at the montana at one point but now i am thinking zumo. currently planning slab rides but also off road rides on a r100gs.

also, i know i should get lifetime maps. anything else i am forgetting??

THANKS
  5. jml141

jml141 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know you can find the 590 LM around $500, significantly cheaper that the 595 LM. They may be refurbished. There are a few added features on the 595.
  6. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    thanks a lot. i just also printed the 276 CX thread but i am sure this would not come up used...
  7. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:

If it did on and off road in a great great way... I would use it and recommend it to others.

The expense of lifetime maps is .... Silly. Do what you like there, but in the last half a decade of using osm maps or Google, I've found like..... Five errors?