zUMO WON'T POWER UP??

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Papa Pete, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Papa Pete

Papa Pete RIDES RED

Oddometer:
    Just my luck getting ready to ride out to Redmond this weekend and the zumo takes a dump. No power no matter what I hook it up to. garmin isn't helping, I'm on the phone with them right now. waited 20 min. and they aren't helping!
    Anyone out there got any ideas? I tried everything from the
    web sight help section plus what they said to try. This fricking thing has me pissed off!!
  2. Garp

Garp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you tried pulling the battery and then reinserting it?

That is the usual fix for a dead Zumo.
  3. MiltonHog

MiltonHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed on the battery removal. You should make sure the battery is full charged from household adapter. Remove the battery with a #8 torks screw driver remove about 5 minutes and reinstall. This has happened to me and when I reinstalled the battery it powered as though nothing happened.

A replacement battery is about $45.00 but will take a couple of days to arrive would be my best guess. I would try the battery removal before anything else.

Good luck to you.
  4. Garp

Garp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine failed on the road and I didn't have the required torx bit, but a gently applied Allen Wrench did the job just as well :)
  5. Papa Pete

Papa Pete RIDES RED

Oddometer:
    I pulled the battery right away and tested it to see if it had any power. The old fluke meter said 4.10v. I tried the push plus button at the same time as power button. garmin said to pull battery and then plug it into usb port with cable. All were tried,but no life in the unit yet. I pulled the battery out and will try leaving it out while I run to town for some bike parts that came in. The crappy part is I just bought the life time upgrade card for the thing. Garmin says send it back and for $150.00 they will send me a rebuilt to replace mine. Two week lead time.:cry
  6. Papa Pete

Papa Pete RIDES RED

Oddometer:
    I've rode without the damn thing before. I guess I'll have to ride without it again. I'll bring it with me in case someone
    at the MOA rally has an idea on how bring it back to life.

The only thing I have to do now is find the BBQ by nose when rolling into small towns. :lol3

I'll keep trying and hopefully it will come back to life.
  7. idealistix

idealistix Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the same problem. Please let me know if you found a fix.
  8. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    I'm in the same boat :ddog