With only three fresh ingredients, this salad is still bursting with crunch and freshness and so simple to prepare. Mix and match with whatever veggies you have available.
1 packet of ready cooked mixed grains (see tips)
1 small sweet potato, cut into 3cm pieces
150g green beans, ends removed
1 small can pickled baby beetroot, drained well
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
100g soft Danish style feta cheese
- Place sweet potato in a pot and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 8 minutes or until just tender but holding their shape, add green beans for the last 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a medium pan over medium high heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the grains and sauté until warmed through. Add sweet potato and beans and dress with vinegar and a good drizzle of olive oil. Toss well to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad between plates and top with beetroot and crumbled feta
- Pre-cooked pouches of mixed grains such as brown rice, quinoa, wild rice and seeds etc make a great base for these types of warm salads
- Salad can be made ahead of time and served cold
- Chicken can be added for extra protein
- Broccoli or asparagus can be used in place of green beans
- Cooked pasta can be used in place of grains