Living in the mountains of Vermont, winter is the time for skiing, skating and snowshoeing. The motorcycles sit in barns, garages, and sheds waiting for warmer weather. But the winter is so long. It doesn’t take much time for riders to wish for warmer weather.
So here I sit jealous of other places where riders are happily riding their machines in the sun and warmth. And, with that warm weather, the factory demo trucks of the major motorcycle manufacturers take to the road.
Kawasaki will soon start moving its demo truck around the southern USA. The Kawasaki Good Times Demo Team (KGTDT) will be unloading several models from Kawasaki’s product lines for demo/test rides. So what models can you expect the KGTDT demo truck to let you ride? Here’s the current list:
- Ninja 400
- Ninja 650
- Ninja ZX-6R
- Versys 650
- Versys 1000 SE LT +
- Vulcan S
- Z125 PRO
That’s not a bad selection of bikes for demo. But I can’t help but notice that the apex predators of the Kawasaki lineup are missing. The Ninja 1000 ABS, the liter+ ZX’s and the Ninja H2s are all missing from its demo truck. Sigh. I get why Team Green might not want to put some of its most expensive (and likely most “crashable”) bikes on the truck. But I wish that these models would make an appearance.
Still, I’m happy to see that some of us get the chance to do a little demo/test riding on the factory’s nickel. At present, the schedule is limited to just a few southern states (often at AMA Supercross rounds), but as temperatures warm around the US, you can anticipate that the KGTDT will make the rounds elsewhere.
Here’s the schedule so far. Enjoy!
- January 31 – February 1, 2020: Adams Motorsports in Montgomery, AL
- January 31 – February 1, 2020: Arizona Kawasaki Tucson in Tucson, AZ
- February 7 – February 8, 2020: Alamo Cycle-Plex Kawasaki in San Antonio, TX
- February 7 – February 8, 2020: Cycle Sports Center in Orlando, FL
- February 12, 2020: Seminole Powersports North in Eustis, FL
- February 14 – February 15, 2020: Seminole Powersports in Sanford, FL
- February 14 – February 15, 2020: Woods Cycle Country Kawasaki in New Braunfels, TX
- February 21 -February 23, 2020: Kissimmee Motorsports in Kissimmee, FL
- February 22, 2020: AT&T Stadium Monster Energy Fan Fest (Pit Area), Arlington, TX
- February 28 – February 29, 2020: Kawasaki Fun Bike Center in Lakeland, FL
- March 27 – March 28, 2020: Freedom Powersports Fort Worth in Fort Worth, TX
- April 4, 2020: Empower Field – Monster Energy Kawasaki FanFest (Pit Area), Denver, CO
- April 17 – April 18, 2020: Grapevine Powersports Kawasaki in Grapevine, TX
- April 18, 2020: Gilette Stadium – Monster Energy Kawasaki FanFest (Pit Area), Foxboro, MA
- April 25, 2020: Sam Boyd Stadium – Monster Energy Fan Fest (Pit Area), Las Vegas, NV
- May 2, 2020: Rice-Eccles Stadium – Monster Energy Kawasaki FanFest (Pit Area), Salt Lake City, UT
All photo credit: Kawasaki