ADVRider.com will be covering the American International Motorcycle Exposition (AIMExpo) in late September. We’ll bring you lots of news about products and bikes as it becomes available from the show floor.
This year’s Columbus, OH show has been “updated” with new neighborhoods that break the motorcycle world into genres. It will be interesting to see if this new layout works and how it is accepted.
But there is some other news for this year’s AIMExpo that may help boost attendance. Last year a few brands offered test rides on their machines. Better still, this year three new manufactures will make their appearance for the first time.
Lots of manufacturers at AIMExpo
There will be no shortage of bikes available for demo as the following manufacturers have already committed to providing demos on their machines. Here’s the list of manufacturers so far (in alphabetical order):
- American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Harley Davidson, Inc.
- Husqvarna Motorcycles (New to AIMExpo Outdoors!)
- Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA
- KTM (New to AIMExpo Outdoors!)
- Royal Enfield (New to AIMExpo Outdoors!)
- Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.
- Vanderhall Motor Werks Inc.
- Yamaha Motor Corp., USA
And it appears that the manufacturers are really serious with a very significant lineup of bikes available for demo. Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. has confirmed it will bring a number of Ninja and Z motorcycles, as well as the new Versys® 1000 SE LT+ and the new W800 CAFÉ.
KTM will make an appearance for the first time with a slew of bikes from their lineup. The bikes available for demo include the KTM 390 Duke, 790 Duke, 1290 Super Duke GT, and 1290 Super Duke R. They will also have the KTM 790 Adventure, 790 Adventure R, 1090 Adventure R, 1290 Super Adventure S, and 1290 Super Adventure R plus the 690 SMC R.
Husqvarna will also make an appearance and will let you demo their 2020 Vitpilen 401 and Vitpilen 701, as well as the Svartpilen 401 and Svartpilen 701.
Demos all four days
Lastly, the AIM Expo Outdoors will be open to the public for all four days of the event. So you now have the ability to demo bikes on the following schedule:
- Thursday, September 26, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday, September 27, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, September 28, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, September 29, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
To demo a bike, riders must have the following:
- Valid motorcycle license
- DOT Certified Helmet
- Eye Protection
- Gloves, Long Sleeve, Pants, and over the ankle footwear
- AIMExpo will even have a “loaner” gear tent on all days for riders needing appropriate gear for street demos. (Based on availability)
It looks like the manufacturers are stepping up their game to get people on their machines and that can only help grow new riders.