To stay alive, it seems that motorcycle manufacturers are expanding their product lineups to reach a larger customer base. And now, another motorcycle manufacturer, namely MV Agusta, seems to be jumping on the more is better bandwagon.
MV Agusta CEO, Timur Sardarov recently held an online question and answer session answering questions people had sent in about the brand. If you are interested, you can find the whole session on MV’s Facebook and Instagram social media pages.
As you can imagine, the questions covered many different and wide-ranging topics. So the session is a bit disjointed. But, you have to give Sardarov credit. He provides lots of answers to many different questions. But therein lies a bit of a problem.
Sardarov responses are often very brief. If you are looking for detailed information, this session won’t help you. Nonetheless, he did provide some very interesting information about MV Agusta’s plans:
- New bike arriving in one year
- A Cagiva based utilitarian city commuter machine.
- New models arriving in two years (2022):
- A 950cc Turismo Veloce
- A Harley-like “cruiser”
- Potential new bike arriving in three years:
- Bike in the range of 500cc to 600cc
- New bikes with no stated timeframe
- An additional bike with Superveloce styling.
- A scrambler styled bike.
- A turbocharged bike
- Bikes with displacements between 600cc to 700cc, 800cc to 950cc, 1000cc
- Electric motorcycles but not for at least 5 to 7 years
- Connected smart mobility solutions including scooters and high-performance electric bicycles.
- Less expensive motorcycles
- Bikes not presently planned
- Supermoto style bikes
- Motocross type bikes
So there you have it. MV has some pretty interesting and substantial plans. Whether they will be able to follow through with them isn’t clear. But Sardarov seems committed to growing MV Agusta and at least he is forthcoming with his plans.
Do you think that MV Agusta can succeed with such ambitious plans? Let us know in the comments below.
All photo credit: MV Agusta