The flavour of satay in a crunchy fresh salad, this is a great option at the end of a long hot day. Keep prep time to a minimum by using a ready chopped coleslaw mix. The addition of shredded cooked chicken adds another element to the dish, contrasting with the cold crunchy vegetables.
2 medium size chicken breast fillets (400g)
1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 packet coleslaw vegetable mix
- Place chicken in a pan, cover with water and bring just to simmering. Turn heat down and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Drain and allow chicken to cool.
- In a pot or a bowl, combine peanut butter, chilli sauce, soy and the juice of a lemon and with a fork whisk to combine well. Add coleslaw and fresh chilli, toss really well to coat evenly.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, roughly shred using 2 forks, stir through salad mix.
- Leave out the fresh chilli if you prefer a mild option
- Add any extra vegetables you have available; capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes
- Cooked BBQ chicken can be used in place of raw if available
- For a vegetarian option, grill some tofu in soy sauce and place on top of the salad
- Lime is interchangeable with lemon, or use red wine vinegar