Sounds pretty fancy, but with a couple of cheat ingredients you will be wowing your fellow riders in under 20 minutes with a delicious wonton soup.
There are great quality premade wontons available in the Asian freezer section in the grocery store, check them out so you can decide which ones are your favourite before you hit the road. Taking only minutes to cook, they make a great addition to a warming soup.
2-3 chicken stock cubes
2 litres of water
1 fresh red chilli, sliced
100g vermicelli noodles
Asian style greens, chopped (see tips)
8-10 Prawn wontons
1 lime, cut into wedges
Soy sauce to serve
- In a large pot, bring stock cubes and water to the boil. Turn heat down to a simmer and add remaining ingredients, stir to separate noodles.
- Gently simmer for 7-8 minutes, or until wontons are cooked through.
- Divide between bowls and season with soy sauce, lime and extra chilli if desired.
- Any Asian style green vegetables can be used such as; gai lan, buk choy, Chinese cabbage, snowpeas or a shredded mix of cabbage, carrot and spring onions
- Add more water if necessary before serving, adjust seasoning with soy
- Purchase wontons just before cooking to ensure they remain fresh and don’t defrost too much and become sticky
- Any wonton or dumpling of your choice will work in this dish
- Enhance the flavour with slices of ginger and garlic if you have them available