Four simple ingredients make this dish an absolute winner in prep free meals on the go. Even without the addition of fresh spinach if you are down to the last of your dry ingredients, this dish is vibrant and packed with flavour.
1 cup risotto rice
1 can or pouch pumpkin soup
200g fresh baby spinach
2 tablespoons dried parmesan
- In a medium size pot, heat soup with 1 cup of water. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a pot with 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot over medium heat, add rice and stir to coat in oil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add hot soup to rice, stir well. Turn heat down to medium-low, stir regularly to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until rice is cooked al dente. Remove from heat and stir through spinach to wilt. Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Serve, drizzle with olive oil and scatter over parmesan.
- Any rice can be used however risotto rice will yield a creamier result.
- As pumpkin can be quite sweet, season well with pepper to balance flavour
- Green beans, asparagus, peas or broccoli can be used in place of spinach
Garnish with soft feta to add a salty finish