Our “How Well Do You Know The World’s Motorcycle Manufacturers” was pretty popular with over 5,700 inmates taking the quiz. This quiz was more difficult than our first quiz which asked you about ADV geography and this quiz’s average score showed it.
The average score for this quiz was 47% as opposed to the 74% score inmates achieved in the ADV geography quiz.
Based on the quiz results, inmates scored the best for the following questions:
- “This brand of motorcycles has a long tradition of using the letters “CB” in their models.” Congrats, nearly 100% (99.4%) of inmates correctly chose Honda as their answer.
- Following close behind was the question “Dirt bikes are often identifiable by their manufacturer’s chosen colors. “Which company’s dirt bikes are generally blue?” 97% of inmates answered Yamaha correctly.
- The 3rd most correctly answered question was, “The name of Spanish small displacement moto manufacturer Derbi comes from what two words?” Surprisingly to me, inmates correctly chose “derivative bicycle” 67% of the time. It thought that was a tough question, but what do I know?
More difficult questions
The most incorrect answers came from the following questions:
- “With a production capacity of 4 million two-wheel vehicles a year, this company is the 3rd largest in India. The correct answer is TVS and only 8% of inmates got it right.
- “Which manufacturer sold the most motorcycles in 2018?” The correct answer is Hero and only 14% of inmates got it right.
- Which motorcycle company produced the first V-Twin motorcycle in the US? The correct answer is Curtiss and only 15% of inmates got it right.
This was a tough quiz so thanks for taking it. Hopefully, you had fun and perhaps learned something you didn’t know previously.
Hint for the future
Going forward, here’s a hint. Pay special attention to the pictures that go with the question. They often hint at the correct answer.
For example, the question, “Which motorcycle company produced the first V-Twin motorcycle in the US?” had a picture of a Curtiss airplane in the background. Curtiss is probably better known for its aircraft, but the same company did in fact produce motorcycles. None of the other companies listed made aircraft.
The question “With a production capacity of 4 million two-wheel vehicles a year, this company is the 3rd largest in India” had a picture of a TVS motorcycle in the background.
So for our next quiz, make sure to check out the pictures. Some even may have the answer to the question in them.