This recipe is an easy way to feed a large group as each ingredient can be cooked, set aside and ready to combine to create a delicious creamy pasta salad. Start cooking the pasta whilst you keep busy with preparing the rest of the ingredients.
300g dried pasta (any short shape will work)
2 rashers of bacon, cut into 1cm dice
2/3 cup ranch dressing
1 large can of corn, drained well
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
½ rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook pasta according to directions. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat with no oil, add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Combine cooled pasta with dressing and season well with salt and pepper, add all remaining ingredients, reserving a quarter of the bacon for garnish, and toss well to coat.
- Divide pasta between plates and top with reserved bacon.
- Using ranch dressing adds loads of flavour and herbs with no extra effort
- Make sure pasta has cooled before adding the dressing or it may split and become oily
- Chicken and bacon can be omitted for a vegetarian option, add other salad ingredients
- Freshly grilled chicken breast can be used if rotisserie chicken is not available
- Ranch can be substituted for your preferred dressing
- Red peppers can be substituted for tomatoes